Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Suppression and Repression

Suppression: purposely removing thoughts or feelings from your mind.
Repression: mental process of hiding thoughts or memories that may cause stress.

Something I am suppressing is that I can't be what my parents want to be. Ever since I was little, I was super smart, and my parents have always had big dreams for me, but as I grow older, I seem to be losing those dreams. I don't want to be some big shot doctor or lawyer, I want to do something in music. That is where my heart is, and parents don't really know that... yet. Lately, all I've wanted to do was leave Laurinburg and start fresh, which hopefully I will be able to do in a couple years. I want to start my own recording studio, and bring in other musicians to make music. But basically, I won't ever able to live out the dreams my parents have for me, which kind of sucks I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment